Project Management in Healthcare
Date: Wednesday, August 19th, 2020 Time: 10:00 AM PDT | 01:00 PM EDT Duration: 120 Minutes
Faculty: Tiffany Chhuom Level: All Course ID: 1130
Project management is a discipline that has grown in demand and formalization rapidly in recent years. With the continued need to integrate IT and healthcare efforts for compliance to the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH Act), it is more important than ever that hiring managers in the healthcare sector know how to hire and develop the right project managers for these growing demands. The Project Management Institute (PMI) is the US organization that defines competencies for project managers (PM’s) and offers a wealth of information that hospitals and medical clinics should access and look for when recruiting PM’s.
As a result of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Define the “project” and “project management”
- Distinguish between programs and projects
- Differentiate between “operations” and “project staff”
- Learn some of the principles brought forth by PMI for project success
- Identify the key components required by PMI to become a credentialed PM (PMP)
- Write an appropriate job description for PM’s in healthcare
- Recruit and interview effective PM”s for hospitals and medical clinics
- Review the overall phases of a project
- Understand how to reach successful project completion
Why should you Attend:
While the universal language defined by the PMI does not always translate to the jargon regularly used by healthcare professionals, the majority of work performed by most healthcare professionals includes, or is completed defined by, project-specific work.
By attending this webinar, you will be able to answer:
- Why the field of Project Management deserves its own designation?
- How one can become a credentialed PM?
- When does it makes sense to prepare for the PMP exam or to recruit a more seasoned PMP?
- What are the shortcomings of the PMP, specific to Healthcare?
- Project Management – Definition
- Project Phases
- PMP credential
- Knowledge areas defined by the PMI
- Hiring and recruiting PM’s
- Carrying lessons learned from one project to the next
- Common challenges PM’s face in healthcare face
Who Will Benefit:
- Any staff member with a large complex assignment
- Administrative Professionals
- Office Managers
- HR Personnel
- Small Business Owners
- Aspiring Project Managers
- Presidents / VPs
- Anyone in a supervisory position
- Payroll Administrators / Managers
- All Health Care Employees
- Departmental Managers
- Project Managers
- Project Supervisors
- Leaders in any capacity
- All Health Care Pro’s – Employees & Employers