Moving Your Companies Trade Transactions Online During the Covid-19 Pandemic
Date: Friday, July 10th, 2020 Time: 10:00 AM PDT | 01:00 PM EDT Duration: 60 Minutes
Faculty: John W. Dunlop Level: Intermediate to Advance Course ID: 1099
The Global Business Model M2 ePlatform (GBM ePlatform) brings together each party to the transaction, or Case, into a video conference call (VC) in the cloud with a Trade Management Specialist (TMS) . The TMS facilitates and manages the transaction between the parties. The importer, exporter, and freight forwarder can view the same trade document(s) at the same time; while the TMS properly manages, amends, corrects or edits the trade document (24 GBM eDocuments) being addressed by the parties to the transaction. This is the present future of online world trade management.
Why should you Attend:
Companies that export and import products can use the GBM M2 ePlatform to move their trade transaction from paper and emails to an interactive online ePlatform with their counterparties. The M2 ePlatform incorporates Documentary Trade Credits and Documentary Trade Payments to purchase and sell goods globally. Documentary Trade Credits and Payments are instruments for assuring payment of goods sold internationally. Documentary Trade Credits and Payments are issued under the Uniform Customs and Practice standard (UCP) and are negotiated online.
Areas Covered in the Session:
- What is meant by going online?
- What is the M2 GBM ePlatform?
- What is the M2 GBM ePlatform functionality?
- What is a Documentary Trade Credit?
- What is a Documentary Trade Payment?
- What are the Uniform Customs and Practice, eRules?
- What are the terms and conditions of Documentary Trade Credits and Payments?
- How can I assure payment for my shipment?
- What are the benefits in time and cost of going online?
Attendees will learn how to move their trade transactions online and access the M2 GBM ePlatform; and how to use Documentary Trade Credits and Payments to assure payment for exports.
Who Will Benefit:
This web-seminar will provide valuable assistance to all companies that export or import goods and need to be assured they will receive payment and their goods.
- Export companies
- Import companies
- Freight Forwarding companies
- Directors, CEOs, CFOs, COOs, VPs & C-Level professionals across trade industry
- Import and Export Managers
- Supply Chain Managers
- Labor and Legal affairs
- Procurement Managers
- Customs Regulatory Managers
- Customs Compliance Personnel/Managers
- Operations Professionals
- Quality Managers
- Office Managers
- Customs/Logistics Supervisors
- Trade Compliance Managers
- EHS Managers
- Quality/Process Control Engineers
- Project Managers
- Global Compliance Managers
- Sales Administrators
- Personnel involved in import-export from/to North America
- Shipping and Logistics personnel
- Trade Consultants/Advisors
- Chambers of Commerce Professionals
- Foreign Trade Agency Professionals
- Business Development Professionals