3 Hour Excel Automation Boot Camp: Pivot Tables, Top 10 Functions & Formulas, Basics of Macros and VBA
Duration: 180 Minutes
Faculty: Tom Fragale Level: All Course ID: 1100
PivotTables can help you sort and sift through large data sets to focus quickly on just the data elements that matter most to your specific needs. In addition, you’ll get tips on the easiest way to group your data.
Most importantly, when you use the power of Microsoft Excel PivotTables, you’ll be saving time and making your job easier.
Excel functions can greatly enhance your ability to perform tasks in day to day activities in Excel. While there are hundreds of functions available, there are 10 Functions that all Excel users should know.
Whether you are an office worker or a small business owner using Excel to keep track of your finances or just the casual user, these Excel functions can be very important time savers and enhance your ability to create better performing spreadsheets!
You’ll learn how to create a macro the easy way by using the built-in macro recorder. You’ll then progress on to learn how to make simple changes to a macro using the built-in programming language called VBA.
Why should you Attend:
As an intermediate-level user of Excel, not only do you want to take your knowledge and skills to the next level, you want to produce meaningful, impactful and insightful reports in the shortest time possible. These features of the application will help you to do just that.
- Create a simple Pivot Table
- Change the way data is calculated in a PivotTable
- Group date data by month, year or quarter
- Learn about slicers – the new visual way to filter PivotTables
- Format a PivotTable report for greater appeal
- Learn many statistical functions including SUM, AVERAGE, MAX, MIN and COUNT
- Use IF and its counterparts COUNTIF, SUMIF, and AVERAGEIF
- Understand VLOOKUP
- Calculate dates using TODAY, NOW and NETWORKDAYS
- Learn many functions to manipulate text once imported including LEFT, RIGHT, LEN, TRIM and CONCANTENATE
- Use IFERROR when errors can’t be avoided
- Learn the difference between workbook macros and personal macros
- Making your macros available to all your workbooks
- Use the macro recorder to create a macro
- Save a file as a macro enabled excel workbook
- Run a macro
- View the recorded macro in VBA
- Edit the macro
This Microsoft Excel training session covers THREE advanced features of Excel that provide automation within the application.
Microsoft Excel Pivot Tables make building reports a breeze. You will be introduced to the basic task of building, formatting and refreshing PivotTables.
Formulas are equations that can perform calculations, return information, manipulate the contents of other cells, test conditions, and more. Explore what are considered the top 10 functions.
Being able to create and edit macros is one of the must have skills for Excel Power Users. Having this knowledge will save you hours of time by allowing you to automate any Excel-based task or process. If you’ve never created macros or used VBA before, this advanced Excel training is for you.
Who Will Benefit:
This session is aimed at Excel users who have intermediate level knowledge and who wish to take their knowledge and understanding of the application to the next level.
- Business Owners
- CEOs / CFOs / CTOs
- Accountants & CPAs
- Financial Consultants
- Banking Professionals
- IT Professionals
- Human Resource Personnel
- Anybody with large amounts of Data
- Anybody who uses Microsoft Excel on a regular basis, and wants to be more efficient and productive